Since so many people ask why I have come to Vermont, I’m making a post about it.
Reasons to be in Vermont:
- Legal Equality.
- If I do plant my roots here, I won’t even have to worry for a moment about getting married and having kids.
- State natural beauty.
- Vermont is one of the greenest and earth-friendly areas I know of.
- To experience state culture.
- Vermont has a uniqueness to it that really interests me, as someone who is proud of my own uniqueness.
- The UU Church.
- I have so much of my own spiritual journey in front of me.
And in general it’s a place for me to start again. I lost my ambition and passion about 4 years ago, but have found it again here.
My goals to work towards while I am a Vermont resident:
- Achieve a goal weight of 165 pounds.
- Create and maintain a balanced diet, including recognizing and utilizing proper portion sizes.
- Expand my palette so that I can understand food in different cultures.
- Walk/Jog 2 miles a day.
Pay off my Credit Card, and close that account.
- Put money away to go back to college.
- Put away six month’s worth of income in savings.
Know my credit score and continue to work to improve it.
- Apply for a charge card to continue working with my credit rating, but not fall into a debt cycle again.
- Finish my bachelor’s degree, after re-starting with Community College.
Polish and continue to improve my online article database. Manage and execute a proper reading list.
- Continue to polish and improve my online skills, starting with blogging and continuing through all social networking.
- Define a list of TV Shows and Movies that I have backlogged to view.
- Define myself, my needs, and my ideas more completely.
- More specifically, develop my identity and passions more fully.
- Create and execute my own unique adult fashion style.
- Refine what social networking means to me, which ones I use, and which ones I will grow with.
- Learn how to shoot a gun.
- Define Project #BeyondVT2018 and what the next step in my life will be.
Update on 2/4/2015:
I’ve begun using a strikethrough on what I can say I’ve accomplished. Still more to go though!